The Administration department is responsible for formulating guidelines and assisting the Executive Committee in ensuring the availability of human, financial and physical resources for the implementation of INAM’s programs and plans. It shall provide technical support to the Integrated Health Service Department and Advocacy Research and Training Department and other programs that may be created by the Board of Trustees for the achievement of INAM’s mission and goals. It is mainly responsible for managing the organization’s funds and ensuring the availability of funds for the organization’s operations. It shall also oversee the implementation of the administrative policies of INAM. The Administration Department also ensures that all legal requirements necessary for the operation of INAM and its programs are complied with.
For the next three years, the Administration Department shall focus on the following direction:
1. Enhancement of PIM consciousness through capability building and staff development sessions
2. Staff development sessions on program and organizational management to prepare the next line of leadership
3. Enhancement of systems for finance, inventory, monitoring of sustainability, personnel policies to be more efficient and effective
4. Provide technical assistance to all departments to ensure program and organizational sustainability.
ADVOCACY/NETWORKING, RESEARCH AND TRAINING (ART) DEPARTMENT
Advocacy and Networking Section
INAM Philippines, Inc. works to develop a critical mass that will serve as a support base for the grassroots PIM-AHCS. It facilitates the formation of partnerships, linkages, alliances with rural and urban strategic partners towards the evolution of a viable AHCS network in the Philippines.
- Facilitation of information exchange between and among communities with practices that contribute to the development of PIM
- Facilitation of exchange of information, experiences and resources among different civil society groups (PO, NGO, churches, academe and communities) and with government at different levels, towards mainstreaming of PIM
- Engaging in partnership, joining networks, forming linkages and building alliances for PIM policy development at various levels (i.e. community, municipal, provincial, regional, national)
- Facilitation of principled dialogue and critical engagement between civil society and government on policies, legislation and laws related to the development of integrative medicine and alternative health care systems
Training and Education Section
The Training and Education Section focuses on providing trainings in Philippine Integrative Medicine (PIM) using complementation of various systems of medicine such as traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), modern medicine, indigenous Philippine medicine and others. The program also helps partner organizations towards an integrated approach to address common health concerns. It also monitors and observes practice of CBHPs and PHCPs on alternative health care services for further enhancement of the alternative health care system.
- Development of training courses integrating findings of INAM’s researches on PIM
- Advocacy of PIM through trainings, knowledge and information-based materials to various types of audiences
- Development of capacity of partners in PIM related courses
Research and Development Section
This program focuses on facilitating the documentation, synthesis and systematization of the
varied PIM experiences of communities and partner NGOs towards their practical use in addressing their health problems.
- Documentation and systematization of learning experiences towards development of PIM
- Development of PIM framework in the context of alternative healthcare systems (AHCS)
- Documentation and systematization of the changes in PIM practices of communities
- Enhancement of PIM framework in the context of AHCS
ART Department shall focus on the following direction for the next three years:
- Sustaining and Expansion of CHPs for AHCS Development
- Sustaining PIM Promotion for Base Broadening
- Solidarity Building for Policy Advocacy
INTEGRATED HEALTH SERVICE (IHS)DEPARTMENT
The Integrated Health Service provides direct health service to the public, especially the marginalized sector, integrating the use of modern medicine, traditional Chinese medicine and Philippine Indigenous medicine. Our service includes Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) –acupuncture, cupping (ventosa), Moxibustion, Tuina massage, nutrition, herbal medicine, Taichi and Qigong classes and other healing exercises; modern medicine, laboratory services; Health Shoppe which includes the sale of herbal medicines, essential generic drugs and organic products; massage by traditional hilot; and other complementary/ alternative forms of healing. A significant component of the Integrated Health Service is patient education and making important health information available for the use of the public.
- Delivery of effective, affordable, accessible and wholistic PIM services to target groups
The IHS Department has three sections:
a. The Clinic or Direct Medical Services Section where modern medicine, traditional Chinese medicine, Philippine indigenous medicine and other forms of alternative healthcare modalities are integrated to provide effective and wholistic healing to patients belonging to the marginalized and vulnerable sectors of the society.
b. The Laboratory Section provides affordable laboratory tests and packages to INAM’s target groups.
c. The Outreach Section ensures the provision of Philippine Integrative Medicine (PIM) services to target groups in coordination with the outreach partner communities. Outreach section also provides orientation seminars, community clinics or medical missions, patient and community health education, case management and referral to other organizations or health institutions. Through the Outreach program, INAM provides assistance to indigent patients mostly belonging to poor communities.
For the next three years, the IHS Department shall focus on the following direction:
- Development of a INAM as a sustainable Referral Center for CHPs and partner organizations in Metro Manila
- Broadening the base of Referral Center and enhance its services through initiating the formation of Community Health Programs in nearby communities in Metro Manila and networking with NGOs, POs, church programs and government agencies and institution
- Sustainability of the Referral Center by ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of the referral center through collective management of the Referral Center